10/31/2003

I'm back!

-- This year in baseball didn't happen. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out where 1997 went.

-- The Canadiens started out well, but I guess reality is starting to settle in...we started off like a 4 or 5 seed type of team, but I suppose that couldn't last. That said, I still keep the faith for a playoff spot, but I damn sure ain't holding my breath. I say Theodore gets 30 games to prove that he's back to his old self...if not, Mathieu Garon just may be worth an extended look...he was fantastic in a 2-0 loss to Boston (I love satellite, even though I have to watch the replays, cause I don't have the NHL package), and he already has robbed a game from Detroit. Fuckin' DETROIT.

-- Arsenal keeps rolling along...they beat Chelsea, and got a well-earned point at Charlton Athletic (one of those teams that aren't much on paper, but goddamn you don't want to play them when something's on the line...their manager, Alan Curbishley, is a GENIUS). On the other side of the coin, it looks like we're crashing out of Europe even earlier than expected. I mean, I know the away games at iceholes in Russia and the Ukraine are difficult, but we're fucking ARSENAL. Meanwhile, we didn't get bent over by the FA (as usual) over the whole fracas during the Man United game. A few fringe players out for four matches, Vieira and Parlour only out for one. That's fine. I can deal.

-- Speaking of soccer, saw a soccer movie that I didn't even know existed today. Robert Duvall and Michael Keaton in a movie about Scottish soccer, called "A Shot at Glory". It was actually REALLY fucking good, with a surprisingly competent performance by Scottish legend Ally McCoist (probably on a level with Vinnie Jones in Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels). The actual soccer scenes were brilliantly done, and the story is extremely engaging and well-acted. It caught life in the lower divisions amazingly well, and is worth a viewing, even if you aren't a fan of the sport.

-- I am already bored to fucking tears with LeBron James. Can we wait until he's OLD ENOUGH TO DRINK before proclaiming him the Basketball Jesus? Thanks.

-- Oh, and I'm BEYOND bored with Kobe, and Shaq/Kobe, and ANYTHING related. ENOUGH.

-- Fucking HELL, it's great to have internet again. Yup.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?