2/22/2006

What a week!

Ha! I fucking KNEW we were going to get a result against Real Madrid - the all-guns-blazing style they play (combined with the fact that they are really 11 individuals out there) always meant that they were going to have a tough time with us...playing at home or not. I'd be lying if I said I was 100% that we were going to win, but I easily could have seen 1-1 or 2-2. Of course, I'll take a 1-0 lead (with that goal being an away marker) heading into the home half of the tie any fucking day you want to give me.

Even with that in mind, what a massive performance that was by all the lads. Cesc Fabregas was the first 18-year old I've seen completely dominate the center of midfield, Emmanuel Eboue and Kolo Toure were IMMENSE in the back, Jens Lehmann was sensational in net again, Thierry Henry scored a fucking WONDER GOAL (seriously, to all the naysayers and idiots who think he's gotten lazy or doesn't perform in the clutch, you are cordially invited to suck on THAT)...I can go on and on. Perhaps most encouraging is that Fredrik Ljungberg finally looked again like his primary job description was "professional footballer" as opposed to "Calvin Klein model."

And, for Barcelona to go to Stamford Bridge and do Chelsea like they did (with two away goals to boot!)...I am in footballing heaven right now.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?